The Mercer University School of Engineering is pleased to once again invite seniors to apply for our annual Scholarship Challenge at our Macon, Georgia campus on Saturday, November 16, 2019. We plan to award valuable scholarships this fall to high school seniors who are interested in Mercer’s engineering, industrial management and technical communications program. More information about Mercer Engineering is available at engineering.mercer.edu.
The Scholarship Challenge is a day where we meet with students to show them our campus, our labs and technology, and give them an opportunity to meet with our faculty and students. We use a design problem or a test of math skills to help us make scholarship recommendations. Your students do not need to have applied to Mercer – this event is open to any high school senior! We value your insights as you think about your students with strong academic potential coupled with a flair for creative problem solving and teamwork.
The process is very simple:
1. Invite students to go to our web site and apply for the November 16 event. The address to the student application is http://engineering.mercer.edu/admissions/scholarship.cfm
2. Students fill in a registration form that captures their contact information and some background on their academic interests.
We will take it from there and contact students with details about our event and scholarship opportunities. We would appreciate having students’ applications by November 7th. We expect to offer scholarships before Christmas so that seniors can make their college plans early. We have learned how important it is to work with counselors and teachers like you and we value your assistance.
The Saturday event on November 16th will include:
- Welcome breakfast and registration;
- The scholarship challenge (a math and language test or a media design problem for Technical Communication) in the morning -- no calculus background is required;
- A parents’ program occurs in parallel with the scholarship challenge test which provides information about the admissions and financial aid processes;
- Engineering laboratory tours are hosted by our faculty and students;
- Lunch, afternoon campus tours and social time to talk with other participants, faculty and admissions counselors
Feel free to contact our event coordinator, Stephen Karafa at (478) 301-2650 or via email to Karafa_sp@mercer.edu with questions you or your students might have.
We are proud to be able to offer this opportunity to you and your students. Thank you for helping us get the word out to your graduating seniors!